Curriculum training workshop
March 5 – 6, 2019, Renton, WA
A two-day workshop for math coaches, teacher leaders, administrators and others, designed to help you:
- Implement the Math for Love curriculum as a summer or intervention program
- Train the teachers who will be using it
Sign up now to reserve your spot. Space is limited!
The Math For Love curriculum is designed to be a summer program or an in-school intervention program. We recommend teachers go through a six-hour training before using the curriculum. If you are implementing our Math for Love curriculum, teacher professional development can help make sure that the program has maximum impact.
This March 5 – 6, 2019, we’ll be hosting a training for math coaches, teacher leaders, and administrators in how to train teachers to use the Math for Love curriculum. This 2-day course includes a day to experience the training as teachers, and a day to break down and practice the training for yourself.
Day 1: Experience the training
We’ll go through the entire 6-hour hands-on training for teachers, grades K – 5. Topics include:
- Overview of the curriculum
- Benefits of a play-based approach
- Fluency, conceptual understanding, and productive disposition
- Doing, thinking, and loving math classrooms
- Experiencing the curriculum, and best practices for implementation
- Openers (Number Talks, Unit Chats, Fraction Talks, opening puzzles and games)
- Worksheets and Story Problems
- Choice Time and Challenge Problems
- Specifics for using the program
- Grade Level Specifics
Day 2: Learn the training
We’ll break down the previous day’s workshop, and highlight how to implement it successfully. Be ready to practice elements of the implementation yourself!
When: March 5 – 6, 2019
Where: Puget Sound Educational Service District Office, 800 Oakesdale Ave SW, Renton, WA 98057
Times: 9am – 4pm
Pricing: The full two-day workshop is $375.
One-day pricing: If you can make just one day of the workshop, use the coupon code March5workshop or March6workshop when you check out for 50% off.
Price includes PDF files for all our curriculum for your personal use, and slides you’ll need to lead the workshops yourself. If you would like printouts of any grade’s curriculum, I can provide them at $20 per grade in printing costs. Let me know at email@example.com.