Curriculum training workshop
March 5 – 6, 2019, Renton, WA
A two-day workshop for math coaches, teacher leaders, administrators and others, designed to help you:
- Implement the Math for Love curriculum as a summer or intervention program
- Train the teachers who will be using it
Sign up now to reserve your spot. Space is limited!
Early bird pricing is in effect till January 31.
The Math For Love curriculum is designed to be a summer program or an in-school intervention program. We recommend teachers go through a six-hour training before using the curriculum. If you are implementing our Math for Love curriculum, teacher professional development can help make sure that the program has maximum impact.
This March 5 – 6, 2019, we’ll be hosting a training for math coaches, teacher leaders, and administrators in how to train teachers to use the Math for Love curriculum. This 2-day course includes a day to experience the training as teachers, and a day to break down and practice the training for yourself.
Day 1: Experience the training
We’ll go through the entire 6-hour hands-on training for teachers, grades K – 5. Topics include:
- Overview of the curriculum
- Benefits of a play-based approach
- Fluency, conceptual understanding, and productive disposition
- Doing, thinking, and loving math classrooms
- Experiencing the curriculum, and best practices for implementation
- Openers (Number Talks, Unit Chats, Fraction Talks, opening puzzles and games)
- Worksheets and Story Problems
- Choice Time and Challenge Problems
- Specifics for using the program
- Grade Level Specifics
Day 2: Learn the training
We’ll break down the previous day’s workshop, and highlight how to implement it successfully. Be ready to practice elements of the implementation yourself!
When: March 5 – 6, 2019
Where: Puget Sound Educational Service District Office, 800 Oakesdale Ave SW, Renton, WA 98057
Times: 9am – 4pm
Pricing: The full two-day workshop is $375. Early bird pricing is $295, if you sign up before January 31.
Price includes PDF files for all our curriculum for your personal use, and slides you’ll need to lead the workshops yourself. If you would like printouts of any grade’s curriculum, I can provide them at $20 per grade in printing costs. Let me know at email@example.com.